Chilly day today- but I feel warm inside!
Over the past 24 hours I've been reminded to be
thankful; because I am blessed every day by His love.
humble; because I am the undeserving recipient of grace.
prayerful; because I want to align my heart with His will.
Valentine's day is all over the place, this isn't sour grapes- but it really just misses the point of love. Love is not governed by feelings, I don't think Jesus felt like being tortured on our behalf at Calvary. From Joshua Harris's book, "We often feel love, and this isn't necessarily wrong. But when we make our feelings the most important measure of love, we place ourselves at the center of importance.... When we evaluate the quality of our love for someone else simply by our own emotional fufilment, we are being selfish."
Tomorrow's weather forecast says "Heavy snow." I love waking up to see everything covered in a blanket of snow. Just as long as it all melts before I leave the house, I don't want to slip and fall in my boots tomorrow!
-tamara
No comments:
Post a Comment