Know thyself
that's what I learnt today... a most embarrassing experience, I must add. So me and L (I refuse to mention his name because as I said, its quite embarrassing for me.) decided to go run in Regent's Park. We've ran together a few times before, and I always struggle to keep up with him because he is a guy that has been through NS (the things I tell myself.)
L: Eh, let's run the big round today lah. (Big round is 4.5km, we usually run the small round, 2.5km)
Me: Er no thanks.. you go and run, I'll run the small one and then I'll go back and shower while you happily run the big round.
L: Ay okay, you don't go back first ok, wait for me at the finish line ah!
Me: Ok ok, faster hor.
We run together until we go our separate ways, he goes on to run the big round.
Awhile later, I'm running on my own and suddenly I turn my head and see someone across the field looking vaguely like him. Start to panic and pick up speed.
Okay end of story. Basically he reached the finish line 30 seconds before me. (Almost same time!!) How embarrassing is that!! I was complaining all the way back.
So much for going back first and waiting for him.
L: Not bad what, I actually thought I'd finish before you.
No comments:
Post a Comment