Friday, April 14, 2006

Being cooped up at home, for the most part, makes me vaguely resemble a housewife. I cook dinner, wait for gerald to come back from work, then heat it up again. Ok this is starting to sound a bit wrong somehow.

Anyways, just as I finally let go of all that behind me- the burden of guilt and regret, an email pops up to haunt me all over again. It says he is doing well, moved on, living happily ever after, the works. And asks for reconciliation of our friendship.

Frankly, I'd rather not. I'm happy to hear all is fine and dandy over in the south of where I am, but it took me a long time to get over not what happened between us, but to get back on track. With myself and my relationship with God.

On my knees, asking for forgiveness. Conviction. And then, renewal.

It's not been easy. I don't want my past to claim a hold on me, and I don't think this proposed revival of our friendship will help.

Sorry.

No comments: