Monday, October 09, 2006

It's been a while!

Happy Birthday to the October babies, Puan and Tertia :-) Love you both!

Still isolated from the world with no internet at home. And Gap is having a massive sale! We spent like hours in the shop yesterday, and the day before as well. I found a wicked princess-cut jacket that I've been looking for and am well pleased with my purchases. One of the best things about living in London is the shopping!! So many things to buy and so many ways to wear them. The vintage craze is nowhere in sight here unlike back home which is really refreshing.

Unfortunately I don't have the financial resources to sustain sprees like this all the time and I hate it whenever I go back home and start thinking and feeling guilty about how hard my parents are working, and scrimping and saving to support me here while I happily go out and splash out on clothes and stuff. So a proper, realistic budget (and a heavy dose of self control) is in order. As it was said on Sunday, life does not consist of the abundance of possessions alone.

And this isn't just one of those promise-myself-to-save-money-but-forget-it-the-next-day phases! I'm serious this time, just watch!

No comments: