I don't feel like going for work today. I'm not in the mood to stand on my feet for seven hours straight, greeting every single person who stops to look at the pastries with a cheery "HELLO!", and recording the number of chocolate profiteroles left every two hours. All that for $5 an hour.
Not that I have a choice :(
On the current state of anarchy in New Orleans:
"We are meat. Dumb, animate, monkey meat. We are all of us capable of evil as well as good, all of us capable of abject acts of depravity, and all of us able to sit back and watch such depravity with a mixture of perverse anticipation and righteous indignation. While we despair of third-world countries and their uncivilized behavior, we have only to look at our backyard to see that uncivilized behavior isn't a facet of environment or religion or government, but a facet of humanity."-www.postmoderncourtesan.com
No comments:
Post a Comment