Just back from Johor Baru with Jen and family. A satisfying day indeed. Lots of shopping and we got to meet up with Nina and Sarah Ann and Dawn. Anyway right now my mother has just given jen a glass of white wine to drink. At this time of the night!
On the way back home, Jen let me listen to this song on her Zen Micro, can't remember the title nor the singer, only knew that it was Japanese. "Its a song about losing a dear friend", she told me. Couldn't understand a word, but as it played I suddenly felt this strong sense of, I don't know, attachment? I felt like I wanted to protect her and make sure nothing or no one hurts her, it was really strange. And I felt like I wanted to always be there for her to keep her safe from harm and danger; the same kind of feeling you would expect to get with respect to perhaps your immediate family members?
Suddenly, for that little while, I wished to myself that I could always, always, be there for Puan.
Childish, I know.
I need a shower now, after collecting a full day's worth of grime.
On another note, after thinking through all my fears and worries, I realised that I still need- and want him as before. Certainly I'm not saying that this is Happily Ever After, but well, I'll just say that I couldn't be happier with the status quo, despite all the imperfections. (Admittedly, more with me than with him.)
And lastly- HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTINA!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment