Happy New Year everyone.
I don't see any reason to celebrate the new year though. I mean its just another day. Probably good for the economy and all, especially since it ties in with the festive spirit generated from Christmas (another commercialised celebration), so everyone goes out and spends money (and gets pissed drunk in the process.)
Alright, sour grapes, you might say, since I'm ushering in the new year at home. But I've got my family with me so I'm pretty happy, really, and I really am treasuring every moment I spend with them because I know I'll be missing all of them terribly for the next 6 months. And the same goes for my friends too, life just isn't the same without them by my side.
Today I complained of a sore throat to my mother when I woke up, and in a flash (ok not really, but quick enough) mummy dearest had prepared 2 types of herbal tea for me to drink, after which she poured pure lemon juice down my throat. It was all quite disgusting, but well I felt really loved. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment