Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I was wondering to myself, the exams are in a week, shouldn't I be more worried?

Then I figured it doesn't make sense to me to stress out over the assessments. Stress isn't going to make me any less clueless about the pharmacology of adrenergic receptors, though it might give me a few pimples here and there. I am going to study as best as I can of course, because I want to know my stuff. Perhaps one might say I have more reasons to be relaxed because I'm not applying for Bsc.

But anyhow. My little brother has done very well for himself in his exams, and I am terribly proud of him. :D
We were talking on the phone and he asked me,
"So, you got study about pneumothorax anot?"
(He had a pneumothorax during my A levels.)
"Yah got, last year I think. Why?"
"Exciting a not? Since you know what happened that time."
"Er.. I didn't really know what happened what. I wasn't in Singapore remember."
"Oh yah hor. You weren't here."

And it just broke my heart to hear that! Even though he meant it as an objective statement of fact. I thought about how he has grown up so much, from the time when I left home, and he still pre-pubertal, to now, going on to his next phase in life. These years are possibly the formative years of one's life, and I want so much to be.. around. But I'm still glad for what we have now, and I'm fiercely proud of him!

No comments: