I have a strong suspicion that my dad's neuropathy is alcohol related. Alcohol afterall, causes peripheral neuropathy. The neurologist has ruled out carpal tunnel.
So he goes and reads up on nerves and stuff and comes up with EVERY possible explanation for his neuropathy.
Dad "Maybe I got diabetes..."
"Sigh. Have you been feeling thirsty? Peeing alot? Very tired recently?"
Dad "Yah I'm quite tired, nowadays."
".... That doesn't mean you have diabetes!!!"
Dad "What about Multiple Sclerosis? Maybe its that."
"?!!!!! You DO NOT have multiple sclerosis lah!!!!! You are too old for that and I think its mostly women who get it. And if you did you would definitely know ok." (Suddenly am overwhelmed by a strange sense of gratification from remembering the lecture on MS.)
Dad "Where got too old to be sick one. Older then more sick what."
"Just listen to me and stop drinking!!! You just refuse to listen!!!"
Wah, can die. Not that I'm a doctor or anything but it is quite obvious!!
No comments:
Post a Comment