Monday, October 30, 2006

When your life is stripped bare of all that adorns it, what do you think will be left standing?
Will you find therein your soul a surfeit of love that can only reflect Him, and a faith akin to the rock of Gibraltar, or will you glance inside furtively, knowing that underneath all the dazzle and razzle of life you have held so dear, there is a flagrant barrenness, an empty, lifeless soul.

Recently I've been thinking about my piorities in life, and why nobody ever pointed out to me how they were all wrong, wrong, and even more wrong. Its not something to be proud about, so I shall leave that soul searching where it should be. (In the soul lah duh)


Life has not been all that morose, however. It was an interesting weekend, I might have changed my mind about kids at the Spectrum halloween party. I looked at them runing around and looking for Twix bars and felt some sort of maternal warmth in me which is rather alarming. Hormones, perhaps. Then later at the talk by my prospective employers I asked a lovely HR lady if there was even a slight possibility that I might go back to Singapore and find myself unemplyed and her answer was a most comforting probably not, but yes.

And the rest of the night was at a housewarming thing where we watched Hossan Leong videos on youtube which was very nice, for some strange reason you only appreciate Singapore when you're not there. Well actually not really, I appreciate it more, but generally am very proud of my roots, whether I am (temporarily) uprooted or not.

Caught and killed a baby rat yesterday. Yes it was disgusting and we have thrown away our bag of rice, don't ask why.

No comments: