Wednesday, August 23, 2006

So months of planning and numerous late night meetings culminated in the freshers' weekend, which hopefully they all enjoyed. What struck me the most was how young they seemed to be, even though the guys were 2 years older and the girls were the same age as I was. I felt like a mother sending her kids off when I walked with them to the reception for them to board the shuttle bus back. But it was a great experience working with the committee, 8 people with such different quirks and personalities. Good stuff.

Oh and I really enjoyed Confluence as well. Teo Chee Hean's speech touched on how we should invest in the future, and be willing to forgo immediate gratification to sow a richer harvest, and I thought, yay that's what my parents are doing. Thanks daddy, I'll buy you a nice house (but maybe in jb) with your own wine cellar when I become consultant okay!

Guys are a mysterious bunch. This little ballerina, I hope she doesn't get hurt, she deserves so much better, so much more.

No comments: