Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I seem to be blogging more during the exams. Today's first paper started off alright, till maybe about the third page or something when it all kind of went downhill. Ah well it could have been worse.

This whole exam thing is draining me, mentally, physically, emotionally. I am so tired. I've never studied this hard ever before- I can honestly say I'm putting twice the effort I did for my A levels- but getting back hardly half the results. Its so very frustrating when I look at a question and think, now I studied that didn't I? So why can't I answer it?

The stress never really got to me actually, I was pretty calm and positive about it all until last night when my mum called while I was studying. Within 10 seconds of our conversation I broke down and started crying, and told her I could never finish studying and its simply just not going to work. She was quite shocked at first I think, and she asked if I wanted to gasp- change my course to which I immediately said NO!! So she went on to encourage me, telling me not to cry, and prayed for me over the phone. I thank God for her. He must have knew I needed her then. She reminded me how I could not do this on my own, and needed to rely on a strength greater than anything else. My parents have been calling me throughout the day, in the morning, just before my paper, and after to cheer me up and make sure I'm alright. They help to keep me sane, really.

If anything, I'm thankful for the friends I have here- I know I'm not alone in this jungle of anatomy and embryology and sociology and histology and what have you. They're a big source of encouragement, and they obviously understand best what I am going through. So to all of you out there- our blog entries seem to have a common theme today- but let's hang in there together, keeping in mind He REALLY is in control of it all!

No comments: