Is possibly an apt way of putting what the pre-exam stress is like. Unlike a fever, where you feel really sucky for a few days and then you're okay, the past few weeks have been like a chronic illness, say athritis or something- where its painful, but life goes on so you have to to build your life around it. You know what I mean? Never mind. Audrey does, right? ;)
6 days to freedom, to Sweden, and just 26 days to home! This is probably the umpteenth time I've said this but I really do miss home. Its been 6 months :( Was feeling sore throatish (the effect of eating one too many yoghurt coated apricots- they are not as healthy as they sound!) so I texted my mummy and my parents called back immediately. I grabbed the chance to whine, naturally, while they fussed over me on the other side of the phone. I LIKE, cannot ah?
I am aware that tomorrow is Mother's Day back home, so I'm going to dedicate this article to my mummy.
Beautiful motherhood
by Saskia Smith
To children, no one in the whole world is more beautiful than their own loving mothers. Young children don’t think of their mothers in terms of fashion sense, great taste in jewelry, or perfect hair and nails. They also don’t notice stretch marks or gray hairs. Their little minds are oblivious to those things that tend to skew adults’ perceptions and expectations regarding beauty, so they’re actually better judges of what makes a woman truly beautiful.
Where do children find beauty?—In the eyes that convey pride in their achievements, in the lips that encourage and instruct, in the kisses that make small hurts bearable, in the soothing voice that puts them back to sleep after a bad dream, in the wrap-around love of a soft warm hug.
Where does such beauty come from?—With motherhood comes self-sacrifice, but from self-sacrifice comes humility, from humility comes grace, and from grace comes true beauty. A mother embodies life, love, and purity in the giving of herself to her children, and in these she is a reflection of God’s love for His children. This is why I believe that nothing makes a woman more beautiful than motherhood.

Happy Mother's Day- everyone go tell your mother how much they mean to you. Back to the books I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment