Wednesday, March 15, 2006

An amazing weekend :)

Easter Outreach was good, everyone worked together really well for a common purpose and it was so inspiring just to see it all. The play was good if I may be so bold to say so myself- I didn't forget any lines, and the humour came out just the right way we wanted it to. But more important is what happens after that; I hope that the night did touch people in some way, and that the message came through, that is, if we don't have that one living hope, "life is motion without meaning, activity without direction, and events without reason."

And...Paintball is wicked awesome!! Despite the bruises and aches. We went to play paintball on Sunday, it was my first time and it was really hardcore man- like big and heavy guns and combat suits and jungle terrains and all that. It was truckloads of fun- the sense of satisfaction you get when you shoot someone!! I almost laughed out loud when immediately after the game started I looked around to follow someone (scared, what.) and I saw all the guys sprawled out on the ground in a neat formation, guns poised, army-style. NS has trained them well. It was a great experience I tell you. And I'm amazed at how all my bruises are perfect spheres, exactly like the shape of the paintballs.

Somehow it seems like I'm on a semi-holiday, the only time I've actually looked at my notes is when I take them out of the file for the lecture that morning. Dim sum tomorrow!

No comments: