Me: "Oh that's nice! So what did you dress up as?"
80 year old granny: "A French Tart."
I was trying SO HARD not to burst out laughing. A french tart?!! At least say a french maid or something!! For the rest of the time I was trying to imagine her in this:

A tart, by the way, is slang for something like.. well it can mean a promiscuous woman. But it doesn't have to be offensive, I think.
Anyway tarts aside- after that I went for the Globalisation, Inequality and Health module which I chose this term and finally got (Biochemistry last term was my biggest mistake.) and it was really good. Its such a breath of fresh air- away from all the science AND it also involves one of my favourite subjects, Economics. I was just telling Tertia, I think I may have found my niche- Health economics and public health. Of course I do still want to be a clinician- but I would love to pursue something like that later on, because its the perfect juxtaposition of my two passions in life. Medicine and economics. Maybe I can even work in the WHO. Okay but leave those big dreams for later. But oh I feel so pleased right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment