Wednesday, November 30, 2005




Unfortunately the picture is blurred. More soon, after I get pictures from other photographers.


I know it is already a mid-week Wednesday, but I just thought I'd say that I had an excellent weekend! Saturday was the Singapore Nottingham Games (Singapore societies from universities all over the country come together to compete in various sports) where we had to get up at 4am to reach there by 8. (Bus ride from London to Nottingham takes 3 hours) And it was painfully cold. Playing netball in 0 degrees weather dressed in a sweater and sweatpants is no joke. When we were not on the courts playing, we were like this:



Okay I know I look really silly but it was DAMN COLD.

Anyhow we came in SECOND! Not first, sigh. :( But I guess that's good enough, considering there were about 12 teams altogether. As for the other sports, I reckon they all did pretty well, especially our tennis team- first place!


Well it was great fun, overall. :)


The next day after church CK and I decided to treat ourself to a Singaporean/Malaysian lunch at a nice restaurant near church, after promising ourselves to eat in the whole of next week. (Eating out is horribly expensive and we are trying to be good children and save money for our tuition fees). Over the past two months I have gotten to know CK more and more, and I find that we are different in so many ways, but I have grown to appreciate her very much. Sometimes I find myself treating her like a younger sister, even though she is older than me. Hmm. Anyways as I was saying, we went to Portobello Market after lunch and it was super nice! Bought stuff to bring back home as well. We stopped by Oxford St on the way back and did more window shopping. And I came back home feeling really nice and contented.



Home is just 3 weeks away, yippee! The first thing I'm going to do is give my parents a great big hug at Changi.

No comments: